Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ratatouille

Breakfast: Gluten Free Walnut & Chocolate Chip Muffins, Vegetarian Sausage, and Oranges.

Snack for Silly: Almonds, Raisins, and Goldfish Crackers.   

Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Pinto & Black Beans, with a side of Sour Cream.  

Snack for Silly: Grapes, Dubliner Cheese, and Pretzels. 

Dinner: Ratatouille over Couscous


Babyfood: Spinach, Carrot, Zucchini Puree.  

We made the Ratatouille! It was delicious! And guess what we watched while cooking it?? That's right: Ratatouille. Most evenings when I'm preparing dinner Silly snacks on the ingredients and "helps" me cook. This evening was no exception. I read somewhere that if you include your children in the preparation of meals, they are more likely to try the food. I knew Silly liked zucchini and tomatoes and onions and squash, but once it's all together in a dish, there is no convincing a toddler of what they are being served. Unless you include them in cooking it. This way, Silly knows for sure what's in her food. She was so proud to have prepared this special dish and she gobbled it up.

The rest of the day was pretty easy. Who doesn't like a chocolate muffin? Morning snack was another 'on the go' snack that I served with a pureed fruit packet. It's like apple sauce in a pouch. Quesadillas are always a hit for lunch, though admittedly I went a little heavy on the sour cream side! Silly likes grapes extra if I leave them on the stem, so afternoon snack included a proper "bunch" of grapes.

The pleasant surprise of the day? Valentine LOVED the dark green baby food I made! This one was less sweet than some of the others I've made, and holy moly, check out that color! But he scarfed it down like a champ. When I pack the beaba babycook with spinach, the finished result isn't high volume, so today's batch only made three servings. That's okay. I have one left over for tomorrow and I'll probably go ahead and make an oatmeal & fruit combo.

Oh, and check out the recipe page for my version of Ratatouille, pictures included!

No comments:

Post a Comment