Sunday, June 10, 2012

Malai Kofta

Breakfast: Life Cereal!

Snack for Silly: Cheese, tomato, & Avocado Quesadillas, with Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes, Sour Cream, and Salsa on the side.  

Lunch: Cheese Tortellini with Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes & Peas, tossed with Olive Oil, Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper.   

Dinner: Mixed Vegetable Pakora, Naan, and Malai Kofta over Rice. 

While I do have a fabulous recipe for Malai Kofta, this evening we ordered take out. My husband is leaving for a business trip in a few hours, so in addition to getting Silly and Valentine to bed, cleaning the house, grocery shopping and a slew of other things, making dinner was not high on the list. Eating dinner was right up there, but not making it. Therefore, we called on our favorite Indian Food Delivery guys. We order one dish and eat it family style.

Speaking of "family style", how do you include your young children in family chores such as cleaning up after dinner? Growing up, my mom did everything! She cooked, served, and cleaned up. As much as I feel like a 50's housewife sometimes, I'd like to get everyone involved in maintaining our home and I think Silly is ready to help out. We're starting by having her collect all the cloth napkins after each meal and put them in the laundry hamper. It's a small task, but it's something she can handle. After snack, I have her put her empty plate on the counter in the kitchen. I'm considering lowering the compost bin, and having her clear her own plate too. Is that too much for a three year old to do? I watch the child "cook" and clean up all day in her play kitchen so it seems to me she is ready for a little responsibility. 

Anyway, it's Sunday evening, so I need to hurry up and get that menu planned so I can run to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment