Monday, June 11, 2012

Pumpernickle Pretzels

Breakfast: Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls, Vegetarian Sausage Links, and Grapes.


Snack for Silly: Pumpernickel Pretzel Sticks, Sugar Snap Peas, Carrots, and Chickpea Hummus.  

Lunch: Sunflower Seed Butter and Strawberry Jam Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread. Cucumber marinated in Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper. 

Dinner: Vegetarian Tacos, with Vegetarian Ground Meat, Chopped Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Avocado, on a Crispy Corn Shell. 


Today was the first full day of my husband's business trip, so I was pleased that we didn't end up at Taco Bell tonight! Both Silly and Valentine were very patient with me today as I prepared (and photographed) their meals.

Deviating from the plan already, I made Valentine pureed Green Beans today. It was a last minute addition to the grocery list last night and I'm glad I did it. Valentine gobbled it up. I didn't mix them with anything - just pure green beans. Oh, and he enjoyed gumming a pumpernickel pretzel stick at snack time too! And may I take a second to sound like an advertisement? I really and truly love my Beabe Babycook. I didn't pop for one when Silly was a baby because it seemed unnecessary. But can I just tell you how great it is?! I can steam and puree a single carrot if I want, with minimal dishes and in no time at all. If I get distracted in the middle of the short process, I can simply put the whole mixer container in the fridge and finish it up later. It has made preparing homemade baby food so easy. And for the record, Beaba Babybook has no idea who I am and certainly didn't ask me to review their product. In fact, I bought mine used off of Craigslist for $35. Ebay always has good deals on them too if you're looking for one.

The blueberry cinnamon rolls were so great. I came across that idea on Pinterest. All you do is plug a few blueberries into regular, ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls. I have a huge bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer, so I just grabbed a handful of those and voila! I also warmed about 1/3 a cup of them and mixed it with the frosting to get a nice dark purple glaze full of blueberries. The picture above doesn't do this dish justice. Everyone was in the clean plate club this morning.

See you all tomorrow! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment