Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ramekins & Skewers

Today was pretty good. We had banana walnut muffins for breakfast:


Tofurkey Sandwiches with Pop Chips for lunch:

And for dinner, Baked Spinach Macaroni & Cheese, with Vegetarian sausage & cherry tomato skewers on the side:
I picked up some vegetarian sausages at the store yesterday. I can't remember if they were on my original list, but they made the final cut. And we had a handful of cherry tomatoes left over from last week, so I popped those babies on some skewers and roasted them in the oven at the same time the Mac & Cheese was baking. No additional seasoning. I give the Eating Well recipe two thumbs up. It was tasty - how could it not be - but just as importantly it was simple and quick to make. As you can see from the picture above, I prepared it in individual ramekins. Everything is more fun in individual serving sizes, don't you think? Just like everything is better on a skewer. Ha! But really, presentation is so important when trying to get your kids to eat. Plus, the adults don't mind either.

No comments:

Post a Comment